Young Rob Ryan is Kenny Powers’ doppelganger (PIC)
This photo has been making the rounds this week, after being unearthed by Doug Kyed at NESN, and we’d be remiss if we didn’t share it with our readers.
To absolutely no one’s surprise (but everyone’s delight), it turns out that New Orleans Saints Defensive Coordinator Rob Ryan used to rock the goatee and mullet, and was the spitting image of Kenny Powers, the beloved anti-hero of HBO’s “Eastbound and Down”.
Check out this old photo of Ryan from his days as a linebacker coach with the Patriots:
For comparison, here’s Powers:
Uncanny, isn’t it?
- Angry fan delivers epic rant to Browns' "Factory of Sadness" (VIDEO)
- Back in 1984, the Los Angeles Raiders were "Wild Boys" (MUSIC VIDEO)
- 80's VIDEO flashback: Phil Simms' NFL Workout
- Atari Bigby was probably high for his SNF intro (VIDEO)
- So the Manning brothers made a rap music video ... yeesh (VIDEO)
- Anthony Adams in "Stuff NFL Free Agents Say" (VIDEO)
- Every NFL Fan in 90 Seconds (VIDEO)
- What might have happened during Ndamukong Suh's car accident (GIF)
- A look inside Jay Cutler's personal journal: Preseason Week Four
- HBO's Real Sports feature on Steve Gleason is both heartbreaking and inspiring (VIDEO)