Wow … Jim Harbaugh was on Saved By The Bell once (VIDEO)
So this exists.
Hard-nosed 49ers head coach – and former NFL QB – Jim Harbaugh once appeared on an episode of Saved By The Bell: The New Class. As Screech’s cousin. Take a minute to let that sink in.
The video evidence is below, with Harbaugh paying a visit to The Max to have lunch with his favorite cousin Screech. He’s also conveniently there to provide counsel to a troubled teen who’s considering quitting football after pulling a DeSean Jackson and prematurely celebrating a touchdown.
And even though everyone knows that The New Class was a wildly inferior installation in the Saved By The Bell cannon, this is still a tremendous find.
At the time (somewhere between 1994-97), Harbaugh was quarterbacking the Indianapolis Colts, and probably wasn’t the most instantly recognizable athlete in the country. So despite the piped-in cheering when Jim enters, the script makes sure the audience knows exactly who it is we’re looking at. You know, since they’ve never mentioned this supposedly close relative of Screech even once in the history of the show. But because Dustin Diamond so obviously looks like the lost Harbaugh brother, it’s totally believable.
VIDEO AFTER THE JUMP
If you’re so inclined, skip ahead to around 18:50 for Harbaugh’s second scene … another tour de force of comedic acting.
UPDATE: Harbaugh answered a few questions about his acting career during Thursday’s press conference. And in case you’re wondering, here’s the video of Harbaugh’s appearance as a cowboy (along with Terry Bradshaw, Ken Norton, Jr. and Carl Banks) on The Adventures of Briscoe County Jr.
- AFC Championship Game: A Tale of Two GIFs
- Chris Kluwe Mocking Commissioner Goodell via Dry Erase Board Again (PIC)
- Carl from ATHF on the Seahawks playoff travesty (VIDEO)
- Cardinals Cheerleader is terrified of Brandon LLoyd (GIF)
- Your handy guide to replacement ref hand signals (IMAGE)
- Carl from ATHF on Sam Hurd, Rob Ryan and the Cowboys-Eagles (VIDEO)
- Tony Scheffler didn't get the update that the Flash Mob had been pushed back (VIDEO)
- Can't decide which NFL team to root for? Check out this handy flowchart
- NFL Draft fans are just as stupid as Coachella fans (VIDEO)
- Brandon Weeden gets caught under the American flag during pre-game (GIF & VIDEO)