The Jets season summed up in one play (VIDEO & GIF)
During one remarkable stretch in the second quarter of Thursday’s 49-19 beatdown of the Jets, the Patriots reeled off 21 unanswered points in 52 seconds, punctuated by one remarkable play that encapsulates the entire Jets experience this season.
Watch as Mark Sanchez tries to hand the ball off to nobody, then elects to take off running before getting taken out by his own lineman’s rear end. As if that weren’t enough, the impact of Brandon Moore’s buttocks on Sanchez is so great that forces a fumble that gets returned 32-yards for a touchdown:
Ouch. After this most recent embarrassing display, even Fireman Ed is giving up his post as the Jets’ unofficial mascot. This might be a new low for Jets fans everywhere.
UPDATE AND BONUS SIMPSONS-THEMED GIF AFTER THE JUMP
UPDATE: Check out this amazing video of Jets fans laying into their favorite team as they head to the locker room, trailing 35-3 at halftime. After witnessing the aforementioned series, the fed up Gang Green unleashes their venom the defeated players, as a symphony of insults rains down on everyone in a Jet uniform … except for Tebow (of course).
And of course, the internet brings us this gem from the Springfield Film Festival:
It works on so many levels!
- NFL replacement refs to start season; continue to make a mockery of the game (VIDEO)
- Golden Tate fined $21k for blindside block on Sean Lee
- Seahawks stun Saints, Marshawn Lynch delivers an incredible final blow (VIDEO)
- Deion Branch mocks Fireman Ed's "J-E-T-S" chant (VIDEO)
- Watch the vicious, illegal (& un-flagged) hit that knocked out Darrius Heyward-Bey (GIF)
- Your Obligatory Tim Tebow GIF post
- David Akers ties NFL record with 63-yard field goal (GIF)
- Hit Of The Week: Ryan Kerrigan blasts Alex Smith (GIF)
- Turn Out The Lights, the Party's Over ... Transformer Explodes at Candlestick Park on MNF (GIF)
- Here's the awful body language we've come to expect from Eli Manning (GIF)