The Jets season summed up in one play (VIDEO & GIF)
During one remarkable stretch in the second quarter of Thursday’s 49-19 beatdown of the Jets, the Patriots reeled off 21 unanswered points in 52 seconds, punctuated by one remarkable play that encapsulates the entire Jets experience this season.
Watch as Mark Sanchez tries to hand the ball off to nobody, then elects to take off running before getting taken out by his own lineman’s rear end. As if that weren’t enough, the impact of Brandon Moore’s buttocks on Sanchez is so great that forces a fumble that gets returned 32-yards for a touchdown:
Ouch. After this most recent embarrassing display, even Fireman Ed is giving up his post as the Jets’ unofficial mascot. This might be a new low for Jets fans everywhere.
UPDATE AND BONUS SIMPSONS-THEMED GIF AFTER THE JUMP
UPDATE: Check out this amazing video of Jets fans laying into their favorite team as they head to the locker room, trailing 35-3 at halftime. After witnessing the aforementioned series, the fed up Gang Green unleashes their venom the defeated players, as a symphony of insults rains down on everyone in a Jet uniform … except for Tebow (of course).
And of course, the internet brings us this gem from the Springfield Film Festival:
It works on so many levels!
- Philip Rivers' tantrum mocked by Robert Ayers (GIF)
- Hooray for Draft Week!! Hooray I say.
- Hakeem Nicks splits Falcons D en route to 72-yard touchdown (VIDEO)
- Seahawks stun Saints, Marshawn Lynch delivers an incredible final blow (VIDEO)
- Greg Schiano blitzes victory formation again; is still a dick
- NFL GIFs of the Week: 2012 Week Two
- The night the lights went out in Louisiana (GIF & VIDEO)
- NFL GIFs of the Week: 2012 Week Five
- Watch the vicious, illegal (& un-flagged) hit that knocked out Darrius Heyward-Bey (GIF)
- Randall Cobb performs "Barrel Roll" en route to 108-yard kickoff return (GIF)