Michael Vick gets leveled by Jermaine Cunningham and exits game with injury; X-rays negative (GIF)
No matter your personal feelings about Michael Vick, there’s one thing we can all agree on: the guy is about as injury prone an NFL QB as we’ve ever seen.
At just 6’0″ and 215 lbs, Vick is certainly one of the more electrifying athletes in the game, but his relatively small stature (and penchant for leaving the pocket) has made him a frequent target for big hits, and a regular fixture on the injury report. In fact, Vick has only completed a full 16-game season once in his entire nine-year career. Most recently, he missed 3 games last season with broken ribs, and injured his thumb in the pre-season opener last week. And after exiting his second pre-season game in as many weeks with an injury tonight, 2012 is not off to a good start for the Eagles’ starting quarterback.
In the first quarter of tonight’s Eagles-Patriots game, Vick was drilled by Patriots LB Jermaine Cunningham, forcing him out of the game and to the locker room for X-rays on his ribs. The hit took place on Philadelphia’s second possession when Vick dropped back on a play-action, felt pressure and spun around in the pocket before launching a deep pass downfield. After absorbing the hit, Vick immediately held his left side and knelt on the field while being tended to by medical personnel before walking off under his own power. [VIDEO HERE]
The Eagles have reported via their Twitter account that the X-rays on Vick’s ribs have come back negative … much to the relief of Eagles fans and fantasy football owners everywhere. Regardless, he’s just too fragile to feel like you can really count on him for a full season. I’m setting the over-under on games finished this year at ten.
GIF AFTER THE JUMP
Maybe Any Reid should consider resting Vick for the rest of the pre-season, eh?
- Replacement referee takes out Kevin Ogletree with his hat (GIF)
- Peyton Manning feeling it in first win with Broncos (GIF)
- NFL GIFs of the Week: 2012 Week Four
- Watch Cardinals rookie Michael Floyd make a ridiculous TD catch (VIDEO & GIF)
- Watch Marshawn Lynch fake Ray Lewis out of his jock (GIF)
- Johnny Knox isn't supposed to bend that way (GIF)
- Greg Schiano blitzes victory formation again; is still a dick
- Hakeem Nicks splits Falcons D en route to 72-yard touchdown (VIDEO)
- Joe Mays' suspension for removing part of Matt Schaub's ear upheld (PHOTO & GIFs)
- Albert Haynesworth is completely useless (GIF)