HOORAY … it’s NFL Draft Day!!!
Yes, the day has finally arrived. The 2012 NFL Draft is here – kicking off with the first round tonight – and we couldn’t be more excited about it!
As you pore over Mike Mayock‘s one and only mock draft in preparation for this weekend’s festivities, keep in mind that pretty much none of these so-called “experts” have a clue as to how this draft, nor the players selected in it, are actually going to pan out. For all the scouting and testing and poking and prodding, the draft process is really all just a high-budget guessing game, and we won’t truly know the winners and losers for at least another three years.
Case in point … after JaMarcus Russell was selected #1 overall in the 2007 draft, virtually everyone whiffed on the kid, including Mel Kiper who declared that Russell would be the next John Elway. Enough said.
Meanwhile, the folks up in Bristol are all having a little fun and “Kiperizing” some of the ESPN anchors, like Trey Wingo, Michael Wilbon and Tony Kornheiser:
PHOTOS AND VIDEO AFTER THE JUMP
- Watch Fireman Ed's Monday Night Football Intro (VIDEO)
- Why rush the Braylon Edwards trade?
- Patrick Willis might be a better man than he is a linebacker (VIDEO)
- Watch Jon Gruden interrogate Andrew Luck (VIDEO)
- Gruden to replace Kornheiser on MNF
- Justin Bieber: "Seriously, bro, what's up with Brady's hair? I own this look."
- Remember Giovanni Carmazzi? Yeah ... he's a yoga-practicing goat farmer these days
- Mark Ingram, Jr. gets an emotional message from his dad after being drafted (VIDEO)
- The long, sad road of William "The Refrigerator" Perry (VIDEO)
- Turn Out The Lights, the Party's Over ... Transformer Explodes at Candlestick Park on MNF (GIF)