Johnny Knox isn’t supposed to bend that way (GIF)
Ouch. Bears WR Johnny Knox will undergo surgery today to stabilize a vertebra in his back after this scary hit on Sunday versus the Seahawks.
Knox caught a pass from Caleb Hanie in the first quarter, then fumbled the ball backward into his own territory. The Bears’ receiver made a diving attempt to recover the fumble, when he was hit by Seattle DE Anthony Hargrove and bent over backward in half [VIDEO HERE]. Knox was down for a significant amount of time before being placed on a spinal board and carted off the field.
Thankfully, the initial prognosis for Knox is positive, and he should eventually be able to resume his football career … which is the only reason we’re cool posting the gruesome GIF of the injury above.
“He has total movement throughout his body, has total use of all his extremities, which is good,” coach Lovie Smith said. “We’re doing tests right now. He has total movement. He’s not paralyzed or anything.”
So yeah … that’s good news. Here’s wishing Knox a speedy recovery.
- Your Obligatory Tim Tebow GIF post
- Aldon Smith absolutely, positively did not celebrate his sack yesterday (VIDEO)
- Golden Tate fined $21k for blindside block on Sean Lee
- Richard Sherman interview gets the WWF treament (VIDEO)
- The night the lights went out in Louisiana (GIF & VIDEO)
- HOORAY ... it's NFL Draft Day!!!
- NFL replacement refs to start season; continue to make a mockery of the game (VIDEO)
- Tom Coughlin confronts Greg Schiano during post-game handshake (VIDEO & GIF)
- Everybody loves ice cream - especially Ravens DE Arthur Jones (GIF)
- David Akers ties NFL record with 63-yard field goal (GIF)