Jabar Gaffney leaps into Patriots fans after TD; Nobody catches him (GIF)
Heading into Sunday’s Redskins-Patriots clash, the Washington wide receivers collectively decided to leap into the FedEx Field stands if any of them scored touchdowns. Their very own version of the Lambeau Leap … the “Landover Leap”, if you will.
So, following his second quarter score, Jabar Gaffney looked to the back of the endzone and launched himself (backwards) into the stands. Unfortunately for Gaffney, he leapt directly into the unwelcoming arms of two Patriots fans who were sitting in the front row. The father-son duo (pictured above) clearly wanted nothing to do with Gaffney as he came over the railing, and recoiled back, letting him fall straight onto the seating floor (VIDEO HERE).
Watch it in glorious GIF format, over and over again [via SBNation]:
Afterward, Gaffney was seemingly oblivious that he had jumped onto fans of the opposing team:
I think I went a little bit too high. I missed the ledge and I went over and I just ended up in the seat. It was a lot more comfortable in the seat, though.”
Hilarious. This was the football equivalent of a failed stage dive at a rock concert, where the crowd parts like the Red Sea and lets the lead singer drop to the barroom floor.
- Angry fan delivers epic rant to Browns' "Factory of Sadness" (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: What would the Super Bowl look like if directed by your favorite filmmakers?
- Martellus Bennett - aka "Black Unicorn" - saves a fan, gets the animated super hero treatment (VIDEO)
- The Oregon Ducks have a power ballad ... sung by Sebastian Bach (VIDEO)
- LeGarrette Blount runs like Super Mario (VIDEO)
- Worst. Steelers Tattoo. Ever. (PIC)
- Chris Kluwe Mocking Commissioner Goodell via Dry Erase Board Again (PIC)
- Seahawks fan calls out undercover cop in 49ers gear (PHOTO)
- Tim Tebow's prayers are answered? (PIC)