Jabar Gaffney leaps into Patriots fans after TD; Nobody catches him (GIF)
Heading into Sunday’s Redskins-Patriots clash, the Washington wide receivers collectively decided to leap into the FedEx Field stands if any of them scored touchdowns. Their very own version of the Lambeau Leap … the “Landover Leap”, if you will.
So, following his second quarter score, Jabar Gaffney looked to the back of the endzone and launched himself (backwards) into the stands. Unfortunately for Gaffney, he leapt directly into the unwelcoming arms of two Patriots fans who were sitting in the front row. The father-son duo (pictured above) clearly wanted nothing to do with Gaffney as he came over the railing, and recoiled back, letting him fall straight onto the seating floor (VIDEO HERE).
Watch it in glorious GIF format, over and over again [via SBNation]:
Afterward, Gaffney was seemingly oblivious that he had jumped onto fans of the opposing team:
I think I went a little bit too high. I missed the ledge and I went over and I just ended up in the seat. It was a lot more comfortable in the seat, though.”
Hilarious. This was the football equivalent of a failed stage dive at a rock concert, where the crowd parts like the Red Sea and lets the lead singer drop to the barroom floor.
- Funny or Die drops Latest "Moneyball" Parody, "Millenball" (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Eli Manning hosts the loneliest press conference ever
- Martellus Bennett - aka "Black Unicorn" - saves a fan, gets the animated super hero treatment (VIDEO)
- Anthony Adams in "Stuff NFL Free Agents Say" (VIDEO)
- All Dan Orlovsky Does is Win ... half the time, this month (PIC)
- Nick Novak relieves himself on the sideline during Chargers-Broncos game (PIC)
- Deion Branch mocks Fireman Ed's "J-E-T-S" chant (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Workers leave snow in Governor's seat at Eagles game for "non-wussies"
- Furious Eagles Fan Loses It ... Almost As Badly as the Eagles (VIDEO)
- Remembering the replacement refs (VIDEO)