Chris Kluwe Mocking Commissioner Goodell via Dry Erase Board Again (PIC)
Vikings punter Chris Kluwe has made himself semi-famous in the past year by posting various diagrams and notes mocking commissioner Roger Goodell to his Twitter account, all written on dry erase boards. Some of his best work has come in the form of fake memos from “Rog” on last year’s crackdown on illegal hits and this year’s attempt to curb flopping in the game.
Today, at least according Kluwe’s latest whiteboard bomb, the league issued a memo to players banning the use of iPads 90 minutes prior to gametime, for any reason. As you may have heard, a lot of teams are using iPads as playbooks and game film tools in today’s Jobs-ian society (RIP Steve), and the tablets have become ubiquitous in NFL locker rooms.
So, with his Vikings at 0-4 and nothing better to do, Kluwe decided to have a little fun with Goodell again, posting this new fake memo to Twitter, ostensibly from his iPad:
“The front office was kind enough to send us another memo! Whiteboard time!”
If Kluwe is to believed (we haven’t seen any other news of this memo elsewhere), apparently Goodell is getting twitchy about these iPads being hacked into in order to access an opponent’s gameplan prior to kickoff … or something like that. And whether or not you believe that’s a realistic concern, this is the latest instance of der commissioner trying to control his players’ every move. Kluwe also made a follow-up post, wondering how the league would enforce the new rule, and if they’d install a “mandatory Net Nanny for all NFL employees’ electronic devices”.
This probably isn’t Kluwe’s best stuff (although the Depends crack made us chuckle), but you certainly have to question the timing of the memo from Goodell, especially given this week’s passing of Jobs, and the ensuing cultural firestorm it has created. Unless this is all just a timely satirical social commentary by Kluwe, and there was no real memo to begin with. In which case, Chris is way more clever than we gave him credit for, and we tip our hat to him.
- Broncos Fans Planning Pro-Tebow Billboards = Foolishness
- AFC Championship Game: A Tale of Two GIFs
- Jimmy Kimmel challenges viewers to unplug TV during their Super Bowl party, with predictable results (VIDEO)
- Pure Michigan Ad Parody: Lions Fans Redux (VIDEO)
- Tony Scheffler didn't get the update that the Flash Mob had been pushed back (VIDEO)
- So the Manning brothers made a rap music video ... yeesh (VIDEO)
- What might have happened during Ndamukong Suh's car accident (GIF)
- The NFL: A Bad Lip Reading (VIDEO)
- Young Rob Ryan is Kenny Powers' doppelganger (PIC)
- Brandon Weeden gets caught under the American flag during pre-game (GIF & VIDEO)