James Harrison has changed his ways, Mr. Goodell (VIDEO)
Super Bowl Media Day is one of biggest circuses in all of sports, and with reporters from all over the world asking the same questions over and over again, it can easily blend into a mind-numbing hum of sports cliches and politically correct answers.
Well thank goodness for Steelers Pro Bowl linebacker James Harrison, who used the stage today in Dallas to once-again make his views about the league’s crackdown on illegal hits known. Harrison became the poster boy for the NFL’s heightened stance on violent tackles this season, ultimately losing $125,000 to fines for hitting opposing players too hard. Never one to shy away from a good sound byte, he even threatened to retire from the sport after his now-infamous hit on Mohamed Massaquoi. And as the league’s most heavily fined player this season, Harrison is clearly still harboring some resentment against commissioner Roger Goodell.
Among other things, Harrison said that the meeting he had with Goodell was a “waste of time”, and questioned whether the league really cares about player safety. Fortunately for us, Harrison still seems to have a good sense of humor about the whole thing:
- So the Manning brothers made a rap music video ... yeesh (VIDEO)
- Carl from ATHF on Sam Hurd, Rob Ryan and the Cowboys-Eagles (VIDEO)
- This fan's choice of nail polish is why the Packers lost (VIDEO)
- Worst. Steelers Tattoo. Ever. (PIC)
- All Tebow Does Is Win (GIF & VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Michael Vick spoofs The Office in "The Showroom"
- Mark Sanchez gets two for flinching (GIF)
- How the 49ers Got Their Groove Back (INFOGRAPHIC & VIDEO)
- Tim Tebow is really, really, really excited to be a Jet (VIDEO)
- Broncos Fans Planning Pro-Tebow Billboards = Foolishness