Brett Favre is already turning into Al Bundy (PIC)
You may have noticed that we’ve remained quiet on the whole Brett Favre streak-ending saga up until now. That wasn’t unintentional. We figure you can find your fill of Favre news pretty much everywhere else on TV and the interwebs. In fact, you probably can’t really escape it right now.
But last night during the Vikings-Giants game, with the NFL’s ironman watching from the sidelines in street clothes for the first time since the first Bush administration, we couldn’t help but notice something. With all due respect for what he’s accomplished over the course of his career, last night Brett just looked old. With his hand purpled and his face & body showing the wear and tear of 297 starts, for the first time ever, the guy actually looks his age. It’s painfully clear – surprisingly, even to Favre himself – that it’s time to hang ‘em up.
And when the Fox cameras turned on the ol’ gunslinger during the waning minutes of the 4th quarter, it really helped put things into perspective. I mean, just look at this sad bastard:
With his hand firmly planted down his pants, the correlation to Al Bundy from Married With Children was too obvious. So we went ahead and obliged with the photoshopped banner pic … we’ll let someone else make the other obvious Jenn Sterger/cell phone pic cracks.
- Antonio Brown's Touchdown Dance is ... um ... interesting? (GIF)
- Did you know the New York Giants made a music video back in 1986? (VIDEO)
- Pete Carroll and Terrell Owens prank Seahawks in team meeting (VIDEO)
- Wow ... Jim Harbaugh was on Saved By The Bell once (VIDEO)
- Furious Eagles Fan Loses It ... Almost As Badly as the Eagles (VIDEO)
- So the Manning brothers made a rap music video ... yeesh (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Eli Manning hosts the loneliest press conference ever
- Eli Manning's sandwich celebration from SNL: now animated by EA sports (VIDEO)
- Worst. Steelers Tattoo. Ever. (PIC)
- Martellus Bennett - aka "Black Unicorn" - saves a fan, gets the animated super hero treatment (VIDEO)